Sunday, August 29, 2010

grilled tuna rauletta


It has been a long crazy summer and I have not been able to get to either of our farmers markets - we have one on Thursdays and one on Sunday. Luckily we also have AJ's Farm stand so I can go on non-farmers market days. Finally - end of August I was free enough to make the trip. I had a field day (no pun intended) with the Belta's Farm stand picking some great peppers and their locally famous tomatoes and basil. I also picked up a few other ingredients to last me the week.

At the fish store I spied some gorgeous pink tuna and chose two pieces. I brushed the tuna with olive oil and was lazy so instead of chopping fresh garlic i seasoned with garlic powder. Then I chopped and blended in my Cuisinart mini-chop (anyone know if you can replace the blade on the mini-chop) the first 6 ingredients and spread on the tuna?

1 long red thin red Lombardo peppers
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1/4 teaspoon capers
1 small tomato (I used a yellow tomato)
6 large green olives with pimentos
1 T extra virgin olive oil
garlic powder
2 tuna steaks
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/8 cup pecans (optional)
2 cups spring lettuce mix

My husband, Raul, grilled the tuna on our old fashioned Weber grill covered for about 4 minutes, then turned over and grilled the other side about 2 minutes (we like our tuna rare).

I sliced the tuna and placed on the lettuce with scattered pecans and cranberries, then drizzled more of the rauletta sauce on top. It was hot and really good.

2 comments:

  1. just made this recipe tonight for my husband and i. excellent! the mix of flavors with the tuna is perfect!

    ReplyDelete