Thursday, July 22, 2010

We'll save the bones for Henry Jones ‘cause Henry don't eat no meat


My dad used to sing that song and it really really annoyed my mom. So one day we had dinner and dad was working late. Mom left all the bones in a bowl in the middle of the table for my dad for dinner, to see if it would cure him of singing that song. It didn't.



I love to eat things off the bone. And chops are my favorite. Here I took a meaty pork (sorry mom) chop and basted it with a mixture of worcestershire sauce, grey poupon mustard, a few shakes of garlic powder, and a sprinkle of oregano. I broiled it about 6-8 inches from the heat, and turned the chop when it started looking a bit crispy around the edges.

I served it with Thai Pasta Salad from Balducci's, which is made of Thai noodles in Balducci's brand name special soy sauce, finished with sweet red peppers and fresh cilantro. And broccoli steamed, and tossed with cranberries, pine nuts, and the bare minimum of mayo — and garlic of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment